- 1 egg
- 1 cupful sugar
- ½ cupful Crisco
- ½ cupful milk or cream
- 1 teaspoonful vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoonful baking soda
- 2 teaspoonfuls baking powder
- 3½ cupfuls flour
- ½ teaspoonful salt
- 1 cupful chopped raisins
- 1 tablespoonfuls flour
- ½ cupful sugar
- ½ cupful water
- ½ cupful chopped walnut meats
- Cream Crisco and Sugar
- Add salt, egg, and flour sifted with baking powder and soda.
- Mix and turn out on floured baking board. Dough should be soft.
- Roll very thin and cut out with cookie cutter.
- Spread one-half of cookies with filling, then place remaining cookies on top and press edges together.
- Place on Criscoed tins and bake in moderately hot oven fifteen minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.