- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 3½ cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- First mix ingredients in order given, sifting the flour with the baking powder and salt before adding it.
- Roll thin, cut, and put in greased pans.
- Place a teaspoon of filling on each, not allowing it to spread to the edge, place another cookie on top, press down the edges
- Bake in shallow pans in a moderate oven (380 – 390°F).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.