- ⅓ cup granulated sugar or honey
- ¼ cup white wine or water
- 1 tsp minced red bell pepper
- 1 tsp minced yellow bell pepper
- 2 tsp seeded and minced serrano chiles, or to taste
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp minced fresh mint
- 2 medium-sized honeydew, cantaloupe, crane or other ripe melon
- 8 fresh figs, cut into fans
- edible flower petals, if available, for garnish
- Combine sugar and wine in saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
- Add bell peppers and remove from heat.
- Cool and add chiles, lime juice, mint and peppers.
- Leftover syrup can be stored in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To serve, cut melons in half and remove seeds.
- Cut into decorative shapes and arrange attractively on chilled plates.
- Spoon chile syrup over melons and garnish with fig fans and flower petals, if available.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.