- 1 kg catfish
- 1 medium onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ inch ginger
- 1 stalk celery
- 1½ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- ½ tsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 5 cups of water
- Wash and clean the fish.
- Debone and skin the fish, keeping aside the bones, head and tail of the fish.
- Chop the onion, garlic and ginger finely.
- Wash and chop celery stalk finely.
- In a mixie, grind fish, ½ tsp of salt and ½ cup of water into a paste.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and keep aside.
- In a soup pot, heat water.
- Add the fish head, tail and centre bone.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from flame and strain the liquid.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil.
- Add garlic and fry for 3 minutes until garlic is golden brown.
- Add celery, salt, pepper, soy sauce and fish balls.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook fry for 3 minutes.
- Add liquid and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.