- 1 lb fish
- ½ tsp red chile powder (or to taste)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 2 or 3 green chiles
- 1 tsp salt
- tomatoes optional
- cilantro, (chopped) optional
- Stir-fry onion in oil until translucent.
- Add garlic and stir fry until the garlic starts to turn brown.
- Add all the spices and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the fish and carefully fry each side for a 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add enough water to just barely cover the fish.
- Put in the green chile and tomatoes.
- Cook covered in medium heat until done.
- Add the chopped cilantro and keep covered for 5 minutes before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.