- 2 lb (1 kg) fresh fresh-water fish (pike-perch, carp, sazan)
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 4 – 5 black and aromatic peppercorns
- 2 – 3 bay leaves
- 1 piece of root parsley
- 1 lemon
- Scale, gut and wash the fish.
- Cut it into small bits.
- Pour water over the fish's heads and tails and bring to a boil removing the scum.
- Add the salt, culinary roots and spices; boil again for ½ hour.
- Strain the broth, add the bits of fish and boil till done.
- Make sure the bits do not crumble.
- Remove the bones carefully and lay out in small forms.
- Use the strained fish broth as the base for making a jelly with gelatine and a beaten-up egg-white (for coloring).
- Let the jelly settle and pour into the forms.
- Adorn with slices of the lemon and parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.