- 2 ozs salt beef (cut in small pieces and trim excess fat)
- 2-3 fresh *lime or vinegar
- 1 tsp salt 5ml
- 1/4 tsp thyme 1ml
- 1/2 tsp black pepper 2ml
- 1 large coconut (grated)
- 1 small carrot (diced)
- 1 green plantain or 2 green Bananas
- 1 sweet pepper (chopped)
- Boil salt Beef in 2 cups water until tender.
- Clean fish, wash with lime juice or vinegar.
- Cut each fish in serving pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Grate coconut. Add 2 cups water and squeeze to get thick milk. (Set aside)
- Prepare vegetables. (Cover and set aside)
- Put milk in sauce pan. Stir constantly until milk reaches boiling point.
- Add salt meat, Onion, plantain or bananas. Cook until tender.
- Add carrots and fish. Simmer until fish is tender. Taste for seasoning. Serve hot with white rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.