- oil for frying
- 4 cups flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 86 oz red snapper fillets
- 24 x 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 ripe, medium California avocados
- Zesty Guacamole
Zesty Guacamole Edit
- 3 ripe, large California avocados
- ¾ cup tomatoes, finely diced
- ⅓ cups green onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp serrano chile, finely diced
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan to 375 degrees, or use a deep fat fryer.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Cut the fillets lengthwise into 2 ounce portions and coat them in the seasoned flour.
- Fry the tortillas in the oil 3 to 5 seconds per side, just to soften and heat through.
- Fry the fish until it begins to flake and has browned, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place one piece of fish in a tortilla, and garnish with shredded green cabbage, diced tomato, and diced California avocado.
- Serve with refried beans, Spanish rice, lime wedge and zesty guacamole.
Zesty Guacamole Preparation Edit
- Seed, peel and coarsely mash the California avocados.
- Add remaining ingredients.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.