- 1 Grouper (or any other fish, if this is not available)
- 1 Onion
- 2 peeled, ripe tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 laurel leaf
- 1 sprig of sage
- 1/2 kg of cassava
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 1 kg of sweet potatoes
- 1/2 kg of yams
- 1/2 kg of green bananas
- 1/2 kg of pumpkin
- olive oil
- Season the fish with the garlic, olive oil, salt and laurel.
- In a large saucepan place the Onion sliced in rings, the garlic, the laurel, the pepper, the tomatoes chopped up, the sage and the olive oil.
- Fry this for a short while then add the potatoes, the cassava, the yam and the pumpkin cut into cubes. Allow it to stew for a while, adding sufficient water for this purpose.
- When nearly all the ingredients are cooked, add the fish.
- When the fish is cooked the broth is ready.
- If the broth is too watery then, separate from the saucepan, you can dilute a spoon of flour with a small quantity of the broth, and add this to the saucepan with a wooden spoon, to ensure that it does not stick to the spoon.
- The broth can be accompanied, on the same plate, with white rice, or with maize porridge.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.