- 2 x onions - (6 oz ea)
- 3 x garlic cloves
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 5 tbl minced fresh jalapeño chilies - (to 7)
- 3 tbl minced fresh ginger
- 4 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 2 can tomato sauce - (15 oz ea)
- 1 can stewed tomatoes - (14 1/2 oz)
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded dried coconut
- 3 tbl chunky Peanut butter
- 2 lb frozen deveined peeled Shrimp - (41/50 ct)
- 1 lb boned skinned firm white-flesh fish
- (such as Halibut)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- cilantro sprigs rinsed
- Peel onions and garlic.
- In a 5- to 6-quart nonstick pan over high heat, stir onions, garlic, oil, jalapeños, and ginger often until onions are limp, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in broth, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes (including juices; break tomatoes into chunks with a spoon), coconut, and Peanut butter.
- When mixture is simmering, stir in Shrimp. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 4 minutes. Meanwhile, rinse fish and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Stir fish into sauce, cover pan, and cook until fish and Shrimp are opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in chopped cilantro and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into soup bowls.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.