- 1 kg (2¼ lbs) lean fish + 100 g (3½ oz) dried fish
- 100 g (3½ oz) crushed tomatoes
- peanut oil
- 1 green pepper
- 2 + 1 small red chiles
- salt and pepper
- 1 kg (2¼ lbs) rice
- 200 g (7 oz) carrots
- 200 g (7 oz) sweet potatoes
- 200 g (7 oz) turnips
- 200 g (7 oz) eggplant
- 1 small cabbage
- 2 + 1 onions
- Cut the fish up into sections.
- Prepare a stuffing by grinding 1 onion, the parsley and 1 chile in a mortar; season with salt; make an opening in each piece of fish and insert a small amount of the stuffing (the stuffing is optional).
- In a pot, brown the pieces of fish in peanut oil; remove and set aside.
- Add the onion and crushed tomatoes thinned with a little water; bring to a boil.
- Add the peeled vegetables, whole or halved depending on their size, and the dried fish, cut into pieces.
- Cover with water; season with salt and pepper; simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Add the fish and continue cooking for 30 minutes longer over low heat.
- 40 minutes before the end of the cooking time, cook the rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.