Cook time: 50 minutes
- 1 pound fresh red snapper or mullet or shari
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup carrot, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon walnut, crushed
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ginger, sliced into flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, snipped
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fresh dill for garnish (optional)
- Rinse fish then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season fish with lemon juice, and salt.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrot and garlic then stir-fry for 5 – 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender and slightly browned.
- Toss in walnuts and remove skillet from heat then stir in dill, salt and pepper.
- Place foil on the baking tray.
- Place 1 cup of the vegetable mixture on the foil in the baking tray.
- Place fish on top of vegetables then fill cavity of fish with the vegetable mixture.
- Cut 3 grooves on top side of the fish and insert the ginger flakes.
- Add remaining vegetables from skillet on top of fish.
- Bake fish at 400°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Open foil and bake fish uncovered for 5 – 6 or until fish skin gets little crispy.
- Serve garnished with dell and lemon wedges.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.