Fish with sorrel
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 freshwater fish, cleaned and cut into serving portions
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-2 chili pepper, chopped
- 1-2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 bunch of fresh sorrel leaves
- bay leaf
- grated nutmeg (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
Heat a few spoonfuls of oil in a saucepan. Fry the Onion and garlic, then add the chili pepper, tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir in enough water to make a smooth sauce. Heat the mixture to a slow boil.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.