- 2 cakes firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 whole stars of star anise
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- Cut each cake of tofu in half horizontally.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a pot wide enough to accept the four tofu pieces in a single layer.
- Bring marinade to a boil and add tofu.
- Simmer, uncovered, on very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and marinate for 3 hours, turning 2 or 3 times.
- Keep refrigerated and wrapped for a week.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.