Cream cheese flan
- 12 servings
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1½ cups (12 fluid-ounce can) evaporated milk
- 1¼ cups (14 ounce can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine sugar and water in medium, heavy-duty saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium-high; boil, without stirring, for about 15 minutes or until caramel colored.
- Quickly pour over bottom and sides of 12 six-ounce custard cups (if syrup hardens, soften over low heat).
- Place evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, butter, eggs and vanilla extract in blender; cover.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared custard cups.
- Arrange in one or two large baking pans; pour hot water in pan(s) to 1-inch depth.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan(s) on wire rack(s) for 20 minutes.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Run knife around rims; gently shake to loosen.
- Invert onto serving dishes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.