- 10 eggs
- 7 tbsp sugar
- juice of 1 Oranges (about 1⅓ cups)
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
Caramelized sugar Edit
- 25 tbsp sugar
- To caramelize the sugar, place the sugar in a small skillet.
- Heat over a medium flame, burn it, then stirring constantly until the sugar has a golden color.
- Pour immediately into 6 custard cups or all into a flan pan if you have it and spread it around side and bottom.
- To make the custard, lightly beat the eggs with a wire whisk until light colored.
- Beat in the sugar then gradually add the orange juice and the orange rind.
- Pour into the custard cups, place them in a pan of hot water and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the custard comes out clean.
- If using a pan place in a deep pot with enough water (hot), to cover at least half the pan.
- Remove from the pan of water and cool.
- To serve, unmold and spoon on the caramelized sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.