Flat bread of Norwegian origin, it is wafer-thin, and made from whole grain and served with salad, cheese or soup.
- ½ cup (1¼ dl) lard, melted
- ¼ cup (½ dl) sugar
- ½ cup (1¼ dl) oatmeal flour
- 1 cup (2½ dl) graham flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cups (3½ dl) buttermilk
- unbleached flour as needed
- Combine ingredients, adding white flour to make dough workable.
- Roll out into rounds with grooved rolling pin and a pastry cloth.
- Cut into pieces and bake on cookie sheet in a 350°F (175°C) oven for about 8 minutes or until crisp.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.