- 1/2 pk yeast
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 teasp Sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tbs. butter, melted
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- Soak yeast in 1/4 cup of water. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix remainder of the water, Sugar, salt and melted shortening.
- Add soaked yeast and sifted flour. Beat well and mix to a soft, dough.
- Put out on floured board and knead lightly adding more flour if necessary.
- Put into a greased bowl. Brush top with melted butter. Cover and set aside in a warm place until double in bulk.
- Shape into small balls and leave to rise again.
- Roll out into thin rounds and fry in hot oil or until brown. Drain and serve hot with e.g. fried shark or Ham etc.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.