Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound (480 g) crabmeat, preferably lump
- 2 shallots, minced
- ½ medium red bell pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ medium green bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 rib celery, finely minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons (11 g) minced flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup (11 g) unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1½ teaspoons (7.5 ml) Old Bay seasoning or other seafood seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) freshly ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon (0.6 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- refrigerated butter-flavored cooking spray
- Pick through crabmeat, removing all bits of shell.
- Place in a bowl and mix with shallots, bell peppers, celery, garlic, and parsley.
- Stir in bread crumbs, old bay seasoning, finely ground pepper, cayenne pepper, and egg.
- Wet your hands with cool water.
- Pat crab mixture into 4 large or 8 small patties.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or waxed paper and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, lightly coat a cast iron or heavy nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Place over high heat and add crab cakes.
- Brown for about 3 minutes per side, turning once, until golden brown and crusty.
- Serve hot with the salsa alongside.
Nutritional information Edit
- 170 calories (16% calories from fat) | 27g protein | 3g total fat (0.5g saturated fat) | 9g carbohydrates | 1g dietary fiber | 133g cholesterol | 672 mg sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.