Contributed by Paula in California at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Stir in lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold a quarter of the whites into the egg mixture to loosen it.
- Stir walnuts into mixture until thoroughly blended, fold in remaining egg whites carefully to maintain light texture.
- Pour batter into a lightly buttered and floured 8-inch cake pan and bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 55 – 60 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
- Cool cake on a rack before turning out and then alternately dust with powdered sugar and cocoa.
- Slice and serve with fresh berries.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.