Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- one 16-ounce can black beans or 2 cups cooked black beans
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 5 to 10 dashes Tabasco sauce or other hot red pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add the onion, and sauté, stirring occasionally, until transparent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and roasted pepper, and sauté, stirring occasionally, for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the black beans, vinegar, and Tabasco sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a boil; reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and rice; mix well.
- Season to taste with the salt and black pepper.
- Serve accompanied by additional hot pepper sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.