Fava bean soup
- 2 cups of fava beans, washed
- 6 cups of water
- 1 tap cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the fava beans over night in the 6 cups of water.
- Drain the beans but reserve the water and set aside.
- Remove the skins from the beans and put them in a saucepan.
- Measure the reserved soaking water and add enough to make six cups.
- Add this to the beans.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and lower heat to simmer 1 hour, until the beans are tender.
- Puree the beans in a blender.
- Return the bean puree to the saucepan, add remaining ingredients with exception of the parsley.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook for another 5 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.