Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Total preparation and cooking time: 6½ to 8½ hours
- Makes 8 to 10 Servings
- 3 to 4 pounds beef for stew, cut into 1- to 1½-inch pieces
- 2 medium sweet onions, cut into ½-inch wedges
- 2 red peppers, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) beef consommé
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 to 10 French rolls
- 2 cups (8 ounces) cheddar jack shredded cheese or cheddar and Monterey jack with tomato and jalapeno pepper shredded cheese
- bell pepper rings, assorted
- Place onions in 4½- to 5½-quart slow cooker; top with beef for stew, then pepper slices.
- Combine consommé, soy sauce, tomato paste and garlic; add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 6 to 7 hours or low 8 to 9 hours or until beef is fork-tender (no stirring necessary during cooking.).
- Serve in rolls with cheeses and other toppings, as desired.
Cook's Tip Edit
- Beef mixture can be kept hot on low for up to 2 hours.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.