Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 20 Fortune Cookies
- Butter a baking sheet and dust it lightly with flour.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs and gradually mix in sugar while beating until mixture is very thick.
- Beat water in a tablespoon at a time.
- Add and beat in the almond flavoring, preferably with an electric mixer, as it must be thorough.
- Very gently fold in the flour to mix, but do not beat.
- Drop the batter by level table spoonfuls on the buttered sheet 5 inches apart.
- Bake until very lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and shape while still quite warm,inserting fortunes.
- Let cool in glasses to hold the form.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.