- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4
- ¼ cup green grams (whole moong)
- ¼ cup white cow beans (chowli)
- ¼ cup red kidney beans (rajma)
- 100 g French beans
- 1 medium sized onion
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 2 green chilies
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ tsp chaat masala
- salt to taste
- Pick and wash white cow beans and kidney beans separately.
- Soak them separately overnight in plenty of water.
- Wash and soak the green moong beans for about 2 hours.
- Boil the three soaked beans separately in salted water till soft.
- Drain and let them cool.
- String the French beans and cut into ¼-inch pieces.
- Boil in salted boiling water till done.
- Drain immediately (you may reserve the cooking liquid for some other recipe) and refresh with cold water.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Peel and cut onion into ¼-inch sized pieces.
- Clean, wash, drain and chop coriander and mint leaves.
- Wash and chop green chilies finely.
- Peel and wash ginger and chop it.
- Dilute lemon juice with equal amount of water.
- Stir in chopped coriander, mint, green chillies, ginger and chaat masala.
- Shake well and refrigerate the dressing for at least an hour.
- Mix all the cooked beans with diced onion and add the dressing.
- Toss the salad to evenly mix the dressing.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.