- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 thick slices of bread that have been
- cut and left out overnight to dry out
- powdered sugar, optional
- Brandied lemon butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3 ounces brandy or rum
- In a shallow dish, beat eggs, Sugar, salt, milk and vanilla extract. Soak bread in the mixture. Heat butter over medium high heat and cook each slice until slightly brown on each side. Serve with maple syrup or brandied lemon butter and lemon slices. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Brandied lemon butter: Melt butter over low heat. Spoon off any foam that forms. Pour into a dish, leaving behind any sediment in the pan. Wash pan, pour in the clarified butter and Sugar. Stir constantly until Sugar dissolves. Add rind, juice and brandy and stir until smooth. Pour over hot French toast.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.