- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups soft bread crumbs
- 8 thick slices French bread
- 4 – 6 tbsp. butter
- 2 cups chopped mango
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cream
- honey, optional
- peppermint syrup, optional
- Beat cream, egg yolks, and vanilla until blended.
- Beat egg whites and a dash of salt until frothy.
- Spread bread crumbs in a jelly roll pan.
- Dip bread slices in yolk mixture about 10 seconds on each side, then dip in egg whites and coat with bread crumbs.
- Sauté in butter until golden. Keep warm.
- Combine mango, sour cream, sugar, and cinnamon. Serve over French toast. Drizzle with the honey and/or peppermint syrup, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.