- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp mace or nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt, optional
- ½ tsp orange rind, grated
- 1½ cups non-fat yogurt, plain
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in ¼ cup non-fat milk
- 1 large apple, peeled chopped
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- oil to grease pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, mace and salt into large bowl.
- Add orange rind, yogurt, dissolved cornstarch, apple and vanilla.
- Blend by hand until well mixed.
- Spoon into greased 9x13" baking pan.
- Bake 350°F for 35 – 40 minutes until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cool.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.