This is really yummy. Instead of the whole almonds, I used a little cinnamon in it instead, we have a tree full of apricots so it was a good recipe for using some of our own fruit before it goes bad.
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 10 servings
Tart shell Edit
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, in bits
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp cold water
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 2½ tbsp sugar
- 2½ tbsp toasted whole natural almonds
- ½ cup apricot preserves stirred with ¼ tsp almond extract
- 8 small apricots, quartered
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, in bits
Tart shell Edit
- Pulse flour, confectioners sugar and salt in a food processor to mix.
- Add butter, pulse until mixture resembles small peas.
- Mix yolk, water and extract in a cup until blended.
- With processor running, pour yolk mixture through feed tube and process until dough forms a ball.
- Press dough into a rectangular tart pan with removable bottom.
- Prick bottom of shell with a fork.
- Freeze 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Line tart shell with nonstick foil, extending to cover edges.
- Fill with dried beans.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and beans.
- Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Pulse sugar and almonds in food processor until nuts are finely ground.
- Spread preserves mixture on bottom a tart shell.
- Sprinkle with half the nut sugar mixture.
- Top with apricots, skin side down.
- Sprinkle with remaining nut sugar mixture and dot with butter.
- Bake 34 minutes or until crust is golden and apricots begin to brown around edges.
- To serve, remove pan sides.
- Cut crosswise in 10 slices.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.