Fresh figs with honey sauce. A delicious Belgian way of finishing a fine dish. Recipe below is easy !
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tbl fresh lemon juice
- 1 pt fresh figs - (abt 8 to 12) stems trimmed, halved lengthwise
- In a small saucepan combine the honey and lemon juice and stir until blended.
- Lightly brush the cut sides of the figs with some of the honey mixture.
- Leave the remaining honey mixture in the pan.
- Grill figs, cut-side down, over Direct High heat until golden, 2 to 3 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- Use a spatula to lift figs from the grate and transfer to a plate to cool slightly.
- If the figs are large, cut them into 1/2-inch wedges.
- Add the figs to the remaining honey mixture in the saucepan.
- Heat gently over low heat.
- Serve over ice cream, yogurt, or angel food cake.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.