- 3 cups coconut cream
- 1 lb onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper or few drops Tabasco
- 4 oz butter
- 4 x 1 lb whole fresh fish (trout, sea bass, pike, etc.), cleaned, with heads removed
- salt and pepper
- coconut milk
- Prepare 3 cups coconut cream.
- In a 12-inch skillet (electric if possible):.
- Sauté onions, salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper or few drops Tabasco in butter until soft but not brown.
- Cut in halves the fish
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute fish in the butter mixture for 1 minute on each side.
- Pour the coconut milk over the fish.
- Cover tightly and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and baste constantly until fish is done and sauce has thickened to a cream consistency (about 10 minutes).
- Lay fish out on a platter with a spatula and pour the sauce over it.
- Serve with foo-foo.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.