- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion salt
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/3 c. vinegar
- 1 c. Crisco oil
- 1 tbsp. poppy seed
- 8 c. cut-up mixed fresh fruit (Oranges, apples, bananas, pears, peaches, strawberries,
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, salt, and dry mustard.
- Stir in vinegar.
- Beat at medium speed while gradually adding Crisco oil.
- Beat 5 to 10 minutes longer, until thickened.
- Add poppy seeds.
- Pour into a screw-top jar.
- Cover tightly and shake vigorously to blend well.
- Line a large salad bowl with Bibb lettuce leaves.
- Fill salad bowl with fruit.
- Drizzle with poppy seed dressing
- 6 to 8 servings.
- Store dressing covered in refrigerator. Shake well before using.
- Dressing also goes well on any fresh fruit, salads, grapefruit sections, or on lettuce wedges.
- Makes about 1-2/3 cups dressing.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.