This succulent tart is made with real fruit, cream cheese, and yogurt, and is great with other fruits or desserts, as it simply keeps a stone-cold, juicy aroma with the crust, filling, and topping. Apple sauce or fruit preserves sometimes replace the apricot or peach spread and work for this, too.
- 1 8-ounce package light cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup plain non-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fruit juice: optional, lemon, lime, or grape only
- ⅓ cup low-sugar apricot or peach spread
- 2 to 3 cups fresh fruit (sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, sliced kiwi fruit, grape halves, bananas, or pineapple tidbits)
- Combine rice, sugar, and egg in a medium bowl. Press into a 12-inch pizza pan or 10-inch pie pan.
- Bake at 375° F for 15 minutes and cool.
- Beat cream cheese and yogurt in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add confectioner's sugar, fruit juice (optional), vanilla; beat until well blended. Spread over crust.
- Heat apricot spread and water in small saucepan over medium heat. Strain and cool.
- Brush half of the glaze over filling. Arrange fruit attractively over crust, starting at outer edge.
- Brush remaining glaze evenly over fruit. Cover and chill 2-6 hours before serving. Sell per piece, if desired.