Description[edit | edit source]
This succulent tart is made with real fruit, cream cheese, and yogurt. Apple sauce or fruit preserves may be used in place of the apricot or peach spread.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Crust[edit | edit source]
Filling[edit | edit source]
- 1- 8-ounce package light cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup plain non-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Topping[edit | edit source]
- ⅓ cup low-sugar apricot or peach spread
- 2 to 3 cups fresh fruit (sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, sliced kiwi fruit, grape halves)
Directions[edit | edit source]
Crust:[edit | edit source]
- Combine rice, sugar, and egg in a medium bowl. Press into a 12-inch pizza pan or 10-inch pie pan.
- Bake at 350° F for 10 minutes and cool.
Filling:[edit | edit source]
- Beat cream cheese and yogurt in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add confectioner's sugar and vanilla; beat until well blended. Spread over crust.
Topping:[edit | edit source]
- Heat apricot spread and water in small saucepan over medium heat. Strain and cool.
- Brush half of the glaze over filling. Arrange fruit attractively over crust, starting at outer edge.
- Brush remaining glaze evenly over fruit. Cover and chill 2-6 hours before serving.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.