Serve with sourdough bread.
- 3½ deciliters onions — chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon safflower oil
- ¾ deciliter dry white wine
- 3½ deciliters carrots — julienned
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2½ deciliters lentils — washed, uncooked
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons miso — mixed with ¾ deciliter water
- soy sauce, tamari — to taste
- carrot — grated for garnish
- green onions — chopped
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, saute onions with salt in oil until soft but not browned.
- Add wine, carrots, thyme, and marjoram, and continue to cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Add lentils and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer and cook, covered, until lentils are soft (about 30 minutes).
- Before serving, remove pot from heat and stir in miso and, if needed, soy sauce to taste.
- Garnish with grated carrots and chopped green onions.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.