Cashew nuts are one of the major crops of Mozambique. It would be quite appropriate to sprinkle cashew nuts on the pineapple or to pass a bowl of cashew nuts with the dessert or as a snack later in the evening.
- Peel 1 large ripe sweet pineapple.
- Cut in ½ inch slices and remove the core.
- Sugar each slice lightly on both sides.
- Place in a 2-quart glass or china bowl.
- Cover with ½ cup red port wine.
- Allow to stand for several hours.
- Turn the pineapple in the wine from time to time.
- Turn again just before serving on dessert dishes.
- Serve with spoons and forks.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.