This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 ripe fresh watermelon
- 1 pint fresh picked strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- Scoop out the red watermelon flesh and put into a large mixing bowl.
- Remove seeds and mash watermelon until smooth.
- Clean and hull the strawberries.
- Mash strawberries and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add lemon juice and granulated sugar.
- Mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour into several ice cube trays.
- Freeze overnight.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.