Makes 2½ cups.
- 5 cups fresh California strawberries, stemmed
- 4 cups of sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 package (1¾ ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- Crush strawberries completely.
- Measure 2 cups strawberries with juices into bowl.
- Thoroughly mix in sugar; set aside 10 minutes.
- Combine water and pectin in saucepan.
- Bring to boil and boil one minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir pectin mixture into strawberries; continue stirring 3 minutes.
- Ladle quickly into sterilized freezer jars or containers, allowing ½-inch headspace.
- Cover lids.
- Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- Store in freezer.
- If jam is to be used with 2 or 3 weeks, store in refrigerator.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.