- 1 chicken (2.5 - 3 lbs)
- onions and or escallion
- black pepper
- salt to taste
- soy sauce
- cooking oil
- Clean chicken, wash whole in lime water if desired.
- Cut into serving pieces, season to taste.
- Remove seasoning from serving pieces, fry pieces of chicken in shallow fat until golden brown, but not burnt.
- Pour off excess fat leaving small quantity in frying pan or Dutch pot.
- Place browned pieces in pan or Dutch pot.
- Add seasoning and small quantity of water.
- Cover and cook slowly until chicken is tender, but not overdone.
- Serve with side dishes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.