These crispy, golden-brown tarts are made bursting with real apples.
For the pastry base Edit
- oil, for frying
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
For the filling Edit
- Mix eggs, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add oil and milk and stir well.
- Mix with flour, one cup at a time. Knead well until smooth.
- Divide the dough into ten pieces. Roll out each piece into a circle.
- Place two to three heaping tablespoons of apple slices in center of each round.
- Fold over and crimp edges with a fork.
- Deep fry until golden-brown in a preheated pan of oil.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.