- ½ lb (225 g) callaloo (leaves and stems)
- ½ medium onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- ½ tsp (5 ml) chicken seasoning or ½ tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) margarine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) yellow ginger (optional)
- Wash callaloo, leaves and stems.
- Hold together in a bundle and chop into small pieces (leaves and stems).
- Chonko (saute) onion and garlic in margarine.
- Add chopped callaloo.
- Season with chicken seasonings/salt, and yellow ginger (optional).
- Cook over low heat for 10–15 minutes.
- Add a little water if necessary.
- Serve with white rice and meat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.