Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
This a quick and easy Indian-styled snack.
- Eggs - 8
- Onions - 2
- Green chillies - 2
- Wheat Flour (Maida) - a handful
- Cornflour - same
- Rice Flour - same (optional)
- Turmeric powder (optional)
- Baking soda (optional) - a pinch
- Dice our onions and thinly slice the green chillies.
- Mix the three flours in a bowl with salt and turmeric. Add a few drops of water and stir to make a thick paste without lumps. Add baking soda if necessary.
- Beat eggs into it.
- Add onions and green chillies.
- Take a deep frying pan and fill it with oil. Put over flame.
- When the oil heats up, pour spoonfuls of the syrup into it.
- Take out as soon as they bulge and float up to the surface. Avoid over-frying.
- Serve hot. Goes very well with generous amounts of tomato ketchup.
CaesarRupus 13:26, March 2, 2010 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.