In Romanian: Salata de vinete prajite in styl romanesc.
- 2 big eggplants
- 5 – 6 onions
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 28 oz / 750 g tomatoes
- 5 roasted peppers (peeled and sliced)
- Roast the eggplants, peel while still hot and then leave on a slanted cutting board to drain.
- During this time, boil the tomatoes and strain, roast the peppers, peel them and cut into very thin strips.
- Finely chop the onions and then fry in hot oil until soft.
- Add the chopped eggplants, pepper strips, tomato paste and salt.
- Continue frying, stirring continuously, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Arrange on a plate and serve cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.