- green tomatoes (about 1 -md per serving
- Bread crumbs
- REAL Parmesan or Romano Cheese—grated.
- olive oil
- garlic cloves
- angel hair pasta
- Slice the tomatoes about 1/2 cm thick. (Vary this according to your success at frying the suckers!) Dip in cream, then in a mixture of bread crumbs and Cheese—about 50% each.
- Heat about 50-65 ml olive oil in a large skillet or omelet pan until hot, but not smoking. NOTE TO THE NOVICE: olive oil smokes easily! Saute' garlic until LIGHTLY browned. Ifyou overdo the garlic, or cook at too high a temperature, it will taste YUCKY! Remove the (oh, yeah....peeled and pureed) garlic from the oil and discard. Fry the tomato slices until crusty and lightly browned on each side. The tomatoes should be softened, but not mushy. You will probably find it necessary to make more batches of garlic oil from time to time, as you fry up the slices of green tomato. This is good.
- You will finally toss all the (cooked) Pasta with the remaining garlic-ky oil (there should be plenty of this!). If there is some cream left over, a LITTLE of this should go in too. Top with the fried tomato slices and a generous helping of shredded Cheese and a little bit of bread crumbs.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.