This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Utley Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 medium eggplant peeled in lengthwise strips and cut in small cubes
- 1 zucchini cut in small cubes
- 1 medium potato peeled cut in small cubes
- 1 cubanelle pepper seeds discarded cut in chunks
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 garlic clove smashed with salt
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 heaping tablespoon of diced tomato in can
- 2 heaping tablespoon of crushed tomato in can
- Soak the eggplants in 2 cups of water with salt for about 20 minutes.
- Squeeze and dry them with paper towel.
- Meanwhile combine all the tomato sauce ingredients in a small pot.
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Make sure it doesn't dry out.
- Fried the all the vegetables orderly in sunflower oil.
- Afterwards place on a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Let it cool.
- Then place them on service plate.
- Serve it with yogurt sauce or tomato sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.