- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¾ – 2 cups all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil
- powdered sugar
- Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl.
- Beat in butter, milk and vanilla.
- Gradually add 1½ cups flour.
- Beat at low speed.
- Stir in remaining flour.
- Divide dough into 4 portions; cover and refrigerate.
- Shape 1 portion dough at a time into 1-inch-thick square.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface.
- Roll out dough to 11-inch square.
- Cut dough into 1¼-inch strips; cut strips diagonally at 2-inch intervals.
- Cut 1¼-inch slit vertically down center of each strip.
- Insert one end of strip through cut to form twist.
- Heat oil in large saucepan to 365°F.
- Place 12 cookies at a time in hot oil.
- Fry about 1½ minutes, turning cookies once with slotted spoon.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dust cookies with powdered sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.