In Romanian: Friganele de mamaliga I
- 1 lb / ½ kg cornmeal
- ¾ qt / ¾ l water
- ¾ qt / ¾ l milk
- 2 – 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- additional butter
- grated Parmesan
- sour cream
- There are two options here.
- Either make a rather hard boiled polenta, slice it and then fry the slices in hot oil.
- Serve with whipped dry beans or peas.
- Or, make a rather soft polenta with the cornmeal and equal quantities of water and milk.
- Add 2 – 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan, 1 tablespoon butter.
- Mix well.
- Then pour the polenta on a wet wooden cutting board.
- When the polenta is cold, cut it in diamonds.
- Fry in hot butter, sprinkle with Parmesan and serve with sour cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.