Fried Rice from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 20–30 minutes
- Serves: 6
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 3 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 1 10 oz package frozen mixed vegetables or 2 cups fresh vegetables, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked poultry, or meat (optional)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
Directions[edit | edit source]
- In a large pan, heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Add onion and rice.
- Stir and cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add vegetables and meat to rice mixture.
- Cook 2 minutes for frozen vegetables and 5–7 minutes for fresh vegetables.
- Spread the mixture out to the sides of the pan, leaving space in the middle for the eggs.
- Add the eggs, and scramble until cooked firm.
- Mix the eggs with the rice and vegetables, then sprinkle with soy sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.