This Eggplant recipe will create 4 delicious servings.
- 1 (9-inch) Eggplant (about 3 inches wide; 1 1/4 lb)
- 1/4 lb ground Pork (not lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallion greens
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups Peanut or vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup water
- Cut off the bottom inch and a half of the Eggplants and throw away.
- Cut just shy of all the way through Eggplant creating a pocket. repeat seven times.
- Mix Pork, scallion, ginger, soy sauce, and salt in a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the mixture to each pocket.
- Heat oil in skillet to 360 degrees.
- Mix together flour, eggs, and water until smooth.
- Dip Eggplants into the batter and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until Eggplants are golden.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.