- Makes about 40 wontons
- 1 quantity dumpling filling
- 1 packet wonton pastry squares
- peanut oil for deep frying
- Take a few squares of wonton pastry from packet and keep remainder covered so they won't dry out.
- On each square put a scant teaspoonful of filling.
- Dampen edge of pastry with finger dipped in cold water, and fold over to form a triangle, overlapping points slightly.
- Press firmly to seal. Bring the lower points of the triangle down to meet below the base, dab with a little filling and press to seal.
- When all are made, deep fry a few at a time in hot oil over medium heat until golden. Drain on paper towels and serve with a dipping sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.